Twitter quickly worked its ways up the social media ladder since it was created in 2006. Now, the micro blogging platform has around 32 million users and continues to rapidly grow in users and in tweets per month. Twitter is changing how businesses market themselves and has become one of the main ways large media companies alert viewers and followers of breaking news. But what is to come for Twitter? According to Seesmic founder Loic Le Meur, Twitter will be a hub of hyperlocal news and will eventually be used more by devices than humans (eg. cars that Tweet their location) and it replace many popular chat applications. See the social media blog Scribd‘s top 10 predictions for Twitter below:
- Site Redirection
- Parkway Partners Celebrates 30 Years!
- Meet Our Summer Interns!
- Pinterest, the Social Network Women Love!
- A Few Good Reasons Why Your Business Should Have A Social Media Policy
- Fast Equity Through Social Media
- 6% of the World is on Facebook!
- Word of Mouth Marketing: How to Reach Out to the Influential Bloggers
- Google Buzz: Buzz to Your Advantage